The Specialty Coffee Association (SCA) has announced the winners from its Best New Product Competition and Coffee Design Awards at the 2021 Specialty Coffee Expo.
The 2021 Best New Product winners are:
- Ecotact Troiseal by Ecotact: Coffee Accessories
- KEY Coffee Grinder by Weber Workshops: Consumer Coffee Preparation and Serving Equipment
- Perfect Moose Greg by AHA Innovation bvba: Commercial Coffee Preparation and Serving Equipment
- R+R Reprocess + Repurpose by Savor Brands Inc: Open Class
- milkadamia unsweetened latte da by milkadamia: Specialty Coffee Beverage Additive
For more than 16 years the Best New Product Competition has recognised the latest innovations in the specialty coffee industry, with previous winners including Fellow, Hard Beans, Flavor Activ, 1883 Maison Routin, and more.
Products are judged on their quality and value to the specialty coffee and tea industry with 10 different products evaluated. A winner is then declared in each category.
The 2021 Coffee Design Award winners are:
- Groundwork Coffee: Branding Category
- Truesday Goods UG: Packaging Category
- Pine Coffee Supply: Spaces Category
The Coffee Design Awards, formerly known as Design Lab, celebrates innovation in four categories: coffee spaces, branding, coffee vessels, and packaging.
“Great coffee is often given distinction via great design, and increasingly serves an important function in distinguishing specialty coffee,” says the Specialty Coffee Association.
The 2021’s Coffee Design Awards Packaging Category was sponsored by TricorBraun Flex.
Both awards were handed out to the winners of exhibiting companies during the Specialty Coffee Expo which ran from 30 September to 3 October.
For more information, visit www.coffeeexpo.org.