International Café & Beverage Show returns

International Café & Beverage Show 2023

The International Café & Beverage Show (ICBS) 2023 is back at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre from 25 to 27 May 2023. The ‘Roasters Pavilion’ also returns and is designed to provide a cost-effective way for many smaller coffee roasters to showcase unique coffee flavours.

“We are proud to have already confirmed 90 per cent of our exhibitor targets and the demand for the remaining 10 per cent of space remains high,” says Christopher McCuin, Managing Director of Montgomery Asia, the show organiser.

“We are excited about the positive response to ICBS 2023 so far, with more than 250 brands exhibiting from Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Australia, The Netherlands and Italy. With just six weeks to go until the doors officially open, we are looking forward to welcoming so many of the Malaysian, regional and international café and coffee industry players, as well as coffee enthusiasts, on 25 May.”

Montgomery Asia has again teamed up with the Malaysia Specialty Coffee Association (MSCA) to host the semi-finals and finals of the 8th edition of the Malaysia National Coffee Championship (MNCC).

“This year 76 baristas participated in the early stages of the MNCC. Twelve baristas in each of the three categories have advanced to the semi-finals, where they will be competing to become national champions and represent Malaysia at the World Coffee Championships 2024,” says lvin Ngow Wai Hng, President of the MSCA.

During this year’s show, Montgomery Asia will be introducing an educational series ‘Cafe Talk @ ICBS 2023’, which will involve 14 workshops and talks throughout the exhibition. This will include workshops from Barista Guild Asia, who will be hosting two courses – ‘Introduction to Coffee’ and ‘So, you want to start a café?’. Dankoff Coffee Specialist will also be hosting ‘Sensory Room with DC Academy’, where participants will learn what it takes to identify different coffee and tea flavours and aromas.

For more information, visit

Send this to a friend